Welcome to ITIL & ISO 20000 User Group
Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  ·  FAQ  ·  Contact Us  

Modules
· Home
· FAQ
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

ITIL & ISO20000
This portal was designed to be a medium for peer to peer communication and assistance with ITIL, ISO20000 and BS15000. Please help us to achieve this mission by linking to us from your own website.

Most Recent Posts

What are Proactive Problem Tickets?
 ISO internal audit
 ISO 20000
 ServiceCenter 5.1.2 Creating a new category
 ITIL Implementation
 ITSM Release Management positions
 Where to Obtain the ISO 20000 Standards
 Measuring Productivity in a Service Centre
 ITIL vs ISO20000
 Parent change record does not auto close

ITIL & ISO 20000 User Group Forums

ITIL News Snippets
Forrester Research report (Ref: Computer Weekly) that IT depts can improve their efficiency by using ITIL. The report states: "ITIL is the foundation for better control of how IT delivers services to business."

Standards Australia have published AS8018 (AS 8018), to equate to BS 15000 / ISO 20000.

ITIL & ISO 20000 User Group: Forums

ITIL & BS15000 ITSM Group :: View topic - ITIL V3 affects on V2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL V3 affects on V2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL & BS15000 ITSM Group Forum Index -> ITIL Version 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nishu

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: ITIL V3 affects on V2 Reply with quote

Hi there,

Greetings!

Can you please advise how this new V3 ITIL affect existing ITIL certifications? Would ITIL certified professionals(any level) need to re-take the certification exams?
Would appreciate if can provide me the changes in the exam fees as well.

Thanks & Regards,
Nisha Confused
Adi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: ITIL V3 affects on V2 Reply with quote

Hi Nisha,

Couple of updates in V3 are rulling over V2. V3 is very well defined Books.

V3 is filling out all previous GAPS i.e. Supplier Mgt.,Roles and Responsibilty etc.

Hope that helps

Regards
Adi
AleciaBrent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although much has changed, there
jsattler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Certification Reply with quote

It is my understanding the v2 certification is still v2 certification. As more organizations adopt v3, the relevance of v2 certifications will drop. To stay current, I feel ITIL certified professionals will want to continue to advance their certifications and hold both until the market need for v2 declines.

If you hold your v2 Service Manager certification, I recommend you bridge as soon as you can to avoid losing the option to bridge and having to start over.

V2 Foundation Bridge exams run about $75.
V3 Foundation exams about $150.

I don't have prices for other exams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL & BS15000 ITSM Group Forum Index -> ITIL Version 3 All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: